Club Fit Frog
Club Fit Frog offers year-round group urban walking (1.5 hours), Urban Adventure Walks (3 hours) and Rockies Hikes and snowshoe treks (3-8 hours) trips. Each season, a schedule of walks, hikes /snowshoe are offered by Club Fit Frog. We are a very small club, with small groups, that offers personal service pre-trip and on the trail. Club membership fees are monthly (start any day and end one month later) or seasonal and are for the organization of hikes, snowshoe & ski outings (registration, carpool planning, and route research), for overhead costs (office, website, certifications). Club Fit Frog hikes are lead by Lori Beattie, owner of Fit Frog Adventures and author of Calgary’s Best Walks. Various membership options allow club members to access to City walks and and Rockies hikes and snowshoe outings in a session of hikes.
Calgary walks travel through Calgary’s funky shopping districts, architecturally-interesting neighbourhoods, parks, along pathways and into tasty cafés. It’s the vast range of treasures in a small, easily navigated space that makes exploring the city on foot so enjoyable. And for those of you who want to explore the Rocky Mountain wilderness, we offer a wide variety Full-day wilderness hikes, snowshoe and xc-ski outings and sometimes, we have special events like multi-day hikes.
Club Fit Frog Fees
Membership fees include:
- The author of Calgary’s Best Walks, Lori Beattie, leading you on all Calgary walkabouts.
- A Club Fit Frog hike coordinator for all outings.
- Well researched routes for all outings.
- Social outings that may include post-hike pit-stops at coffee shops and restaurants; Christmas celebrations. Bring your family or friends even if they don’t do the hike with us!
- Personalized phone/email advice with your guide on hike locations, gear and clothing.
- Organized meeting places and times for mountain hikes or snowshoe.
- Carpool organization for mountain hikes or snowshoe.
- Guaranteed departure at stated times, on stated dates. If a trail is closed due to bad weather, bears, or any other reason, the Club Fit Frog organizer will choose an alternate hike with a similar level of difficulty