Club Fit Frog
There are two ways to join us on the trails. Club Fit Frog (see below for details) offers organized urban hikes (1.5 hr. urban walks), Urban Adventure Hikes (3 hr. outings), full day mountain hikes and multi-day trekking and snowshoe and xc ski tours. These outings are listed on the Calendar page. There are membership fee packages for these walks and hikes. Or you can ask us to organize a custom hike for you, your friends, colleagues or family! Learn more about the Lori, the hike organizer.
Club Fit Frog
Club Fit Frog offers group urban walking and wilderness hiking, snowshoe and xc ski trips in various membership package options. Each season, a schedule of hikes (snowshoe and ski outings) is offered by Club Fit Frog. We are a very small club that offers personal service pre-trip and on the trail. Group sizes are small and club membership fees are seasonal and are for the organization of hikes, snowshoe & ski outings (registration, carpool planning, and route research), for overhead costs (office, website, certifications). Seasonal, monthly or a la carte hike passes allow club members to access urban and wilderness hikes and snowshoe outings in a session of hikes.
City Walks and Urban adventure hikes travel through Calgary’s parks, into funky shopping districts, architecturally-interesting neighbourhoods, along pathways and into tasty cafés. It’s the vast range of treasures in a small, easily navigated space that makes exploring the city on foot so enjoyable. And for those of you who want to explore the nearby natural areas or the Rocky Mountain wilderness, we offer a wide variety of full day wilderness hikes and snowshoe outings and multi-day hikes.
Club Fit Frog Fees
And here’s what you get for your membership fees!
- A Club Fit Frog hike coordinator for all outings.
- Well researched routes for all outings.
- Bring your kids! Your children can come along for no cost (if they can walk/ hike at an adult pace or are just little babes and are in a backpack or front carrier). Many children 10 and over can hike at an adult pace or, if your kids are used to hiking, then they could be younger and manage just fine. We enjoy a moderate pace on all walks and hikes and always enjoy stops on the trail for snacks and drinks and to look around! Often a hike has options to stop at various points, where some people can chill out at a lake or a viewpoint while others hike a bit further. Just ask Lori in advance.
- Social outings that may include post-hike pit-stops at coffee shops and restaurants; Christmas celebrations. Bring your family or friends even if they don’t do the hike with us!
- Personalized phone/email advice with your guide on hike locations, gear and clothing.
- Organized meeting places and times for mountain hikes or snowshoe.
- Carpool organization for mountain hikes or snowshoe.
- Guaranteed departure at stated times, on stated dates. If a trail is closed due to bad weather, bears, or any other reason, the Club Fit Frog organizer will choose an alternate hike with a similar level of difficulty.
- Accommodation and roommate suggestions for multi-day programs.
- Group meal organization for multi-day programs.
Why walk you ask? Check out Doc. Evans on YouTube 23 1/2 hours.