Club Fit Frog
Urban walks, Rockies hikes & snowshoe
Club Fit Frog offers year-round urban walks, Rockies hikes, snowshoe, and cross-country ski trips. We are a very small club that offers personal service pre-trip and on the trail. Group sizes are small and club membership fees are seasonal and are for the organization of hikes, snowshoe & ski outings.
City Walks and Urban adventure hikes connect the city on foot! These social outings travel through Calgary’s parks, into funky shopping districts, architecturally-interesting neighbourhoods, along pathways and into tasty cafés. It’s the vast range of treasures in a small, easily navigated space that makes exploring the city on foot so enjoyable. And for those of you who want to explore the nearby natural areas or the Rocky Mountain wilderness, we offer a wide variety of full-day hikes, snowshoe and cross sountry ski outings.
And here’s what you get for your membership fees!
- A Club Fit Frog hike coordinator for all outings.
- Well researched routes for all outings.
- Bring your kids! Your children can come along for no cost (if they can walk/ hike at an adult pace or are just little babes and are in a backpack or front carrier). Many children 10 and over can hike at an adult pace or, if your kids are used to hiking, then they could be younger and manage just fine. We enjoy a moderate pace on all walks and hikes and always enjoy stops on the trail for snacks and drinks and to look around! Often a hike has options to stop at various points, where some people can chill out at a lake or a viewpoint while others hike a bit further. Just ask Lori in advance.
- Social outings that may include post-hike pit-stops at coffee shops and restaurants; Christmas celebrations. Bring your family or friends even if they don’t do the hike with us!
- Personalized phone/email advice with your guide on hike locations, gear and clothing.
- Organized meeting places and times for mountain hikes or snowshoe.
- Carpool organization for mountain hikes or snowshoe. (on hold right now due to Covid)
- Guaranteed departure at stated times, on stated dates. If a trail is closed due to bad weather, bears, or any other reason, the Club Fit Frog organizer will choose an alternate hike with a similar level of difficulty.
- Accommodation and roommate suggestions for multi-day programs.
- Group meal organization for multi-day programs.