Custom Catered Getaways! Treat yourself!
We’ll book the lodge, hostel or alpine hut for your group and provide an on-site chef for those backcountry locations without a restaurant option. Hikes will be arranged or the group can choose there own adventures.
A great day of hiking followed by a relaxing post-hike glass of wine while dinner is prepared! Sound fantastic? I agree!
Custom Day Hikes & Snowshoe
We also enjoy organizing Rocky mountain hikes, snowshoe days, and multi-day lodge-based adventures that suit your group. We can arrange these to be self-guided; we’ll provide the itinerary and routing for all hikes to suit your interests or Lori can join you as the on site organizer. FAMILY hikes or snowshoe and crazy carpet outings, BIRTHDAY HIKES, CORPORATE COLLEAGUE outings, or groups of FRIENDS IN TRAINING for a big hike; just let us know a bit more about who you are and what you’d like and we can create an outing that is unforgettable!
For more information or a price quote for a multi-day program please get in touch!
Custom Urban Hikes
Join Lori Beattie, author of Calgary’s Best Hikes and Walks, Calgary’s Best Bike Rides and Trails and owner of Fit Frog Adventures, on year-round urban hikes that lead you over hills and down dales throughout Calgary ‘s most interesting neighbourhoods, parks and natural areas. These walking tours are a wonderful way to get to know the hidden pathways of Calgary, to keep fit, meet new people, experience Calgary’s seasonal changes, or simply rid your body of stress. Fresh air, homes and gardens, parks and pathways, cafés, bakeries and funky shops, Bow River and Rocky Mountain views; there is something for all interests on an urban hike. Slow your pace, put foot to pavement and experience Calgary from a pedestrians’ perspective. Have a self-propelled mini-adventure in your own backyard!
Urban or Wilderness hike, snowshoe adventures, wellness presentation and hike
- Multi-Day catered getaway: Contact Lori to discuss options and get a quote!
- Half Day or less (up to 4 hours with travel): $500
- Full day: $800 (4 + hours with travel)
Reduced Fee : There is a 50% discount for not-for-profits, charities, small groups (up to 10-15 ish people) of friends, family, colleagues, or for Oil and Gas corporations if the price of oil goes below $80.00.
- find and book accommodation and provide a backcountry chef for multi day getaways.
- provide on on-site organizer (for logistics and for day hikes) for multi-day getaways.
- provide detailed route options based on your request.
- plan the route to suit your interests and abilities
- provide detailed preparation information to provide to your group members
- provide alternative hike suggestions in case of planned route closures
- provide suggestions for a post-hike pit stop location (or a stop en route) for food and drinks
- organize a themed outing to suit your groups interests. For example: BIRTHDAY HIKES! You pick your cake or cupcakes from our home-made cake options and we’ll have it for your group on the trail or at the trailhead post-hike.
Benefits of Taking a Walk, a Hike or a snowshoe
- Fun family time: Slow the pace and get the whole family out on the trails. Grab your crazy carpets for some snowshoe and crazy carpet fun all winter! Great for all ages!
- Physical fitness, stress relief, relaxation and fun: Walking is an activity that accommodates diverse fitness levels and interests. Why walk you ask? Check out Doc. Evans on YouTube 23 1/2 hours.
- Group cohesion: The walkers pace is slow; it allows for observation and conversation. This is a welcome switch from Calgary’s fast-pace and it allows for more relaxed conversation amongst the group.
- Facing uncertainty: The ever-changing outdoor environment requires participants to go with the flow, be flexible and open-minded.