Custom Urban Hikes
Coffee Shop Hikes, Hills and Stairs Training Treks, Christmas Lights Hikes, Neighbourhood Home and Garden Walks,
Parks and Nature Jaunts, Winter Evening Strolls, Funky Urban Rambles
How about a hiking series designed for you and your friends. Want to meet at your kids school just after drop off, head out for a hike and then get back for pick -up? We’ll arrange a series of hikes that suit your needs and wants with a variety of urban and wilderness walks that give you a taste of the areas best trails and routes.
Lori Beattie, author of Calgary’s Best Hikes and Walks, Calgary’s Best Bike Rides and Trails and owner of Fit Frog Adventures, will lead you on these outings. These walking tours are a wonderful way to get to know the hidden pathways of Calgary, to keep fit, meet new people, experience Calgary’s seasonal changes, or simply rid your body of stress. Fresh air, homes and gardens, Christmas Lights Treks, parks and pathways, cafés, bakeries and funky shops, Bow River and Rocky Mountain views; there is something for all interests on an urban hike. Slow your pace, put foot to pavement and experience Calgary from a pedestrians’ perspective. Have a self-propelled mini-adventure in your own backyard!
2013 custom Urban Hike fees (single hike)
- $50 per family (one or two adults and their children) or
-$20 per adult or
-$10 per child
Series of Urban Hikes (for your group, family, company)
4 hikes or more: $150 per hike
Custom Day Hikes & Snowshoe
The Rockies Waterfall, Wildflower or Glacier hikes, The Badlands Fossil Treks or a Snowshoe Powder Pounce (& carzy carpet option!)
We also enjoy organizing Rocky mountain hikes, Family Badlands Treks to look for fossils with palaeontologist, snowshoe & crazy carpet days, and multi-day lodge-based adventures that suit your group. We can arrange these to be self-guided; we’ll provide the itinerary and routing for all hikes to suit your interests or Lori can join you as the on site organizer. FAMILY hikes or snowshoe and crazy carpet outings, BIRTHDAY HIKES, CORPORATE COLLEAGUE outings, or groups of FRIENDS IN TRAINING for a big hike; just let us know a bit more about who you are and what you’d like and we can create an outing that is unforgettable!
We’ll also provide a scrumptious home-made lunch and snacks if you’d like! For more information or a price quote for a multi-day program please get in touch!
- $225 per family (one or two adults and their children) or
-$100 per adult or
-$65 per child
(minimum $800 for the day)
Custom Catered Getaways! Treat yourself!
We’ll book the lodge, hostel or alpine hut for your group and provide an on-site chef for those back country locations without a restaurant. Hikes will be arranged or the group can choose there own adventures. A great day of hiking followed by a relaxing post-hike glass of wine while dinner is prepared! Sound fantastic? I agree!
- organize a SERIES OF HIKES for you and your friends. Midweek, weekend or a combination; urban, mountain or a mix, you choose the configuration!
- organize a themed outing to suit your groups interests. For example: BIRTHDAY HIKES! You pick your cake or cupcakes from our home-made cake options and we’ll have it for your group on the trail or at the trailhead post-hike.
- find and book accommodation and provide a backcountry chef for multi day getaways.
- provide on on-site organizer (for logistics and for day hikes) for multi-day getaways.
- provide detailed route options based on your request.
- plan the route to suit your interests and abilities
- provide detailed preparation information to provide to your group members
- provide alternative hike suggestions in case of planned route closures
- provide suggestions for a post-hike pit stop location (or a stop en route) for food and drinks
Benefits of Taking a Walk, a Hike or a snowshoe
- Fun family time: Slow the pace and get the whole family out on the trails. Grab your crazy carpets for some snowshoe and crazy carpet fun all winter! Great for all ages!
- Physical fitness, stress relief, relaxation and fun: Walking is an activity that accommodates diverse fitness levels and interests. Why walk you ask? Check out Doc. Evans on YouTube 23 1/2 hours.
- Group cohesion: The walkers pace is slow; it allows for observation and conversation. This is a welcome switch from Calgary’s fast-pace and it allows for more relaxed conversation amongst the group.
- Facing uncertainty: The ever-changing outdoor environment requires participants to go with the flow, be flexible and open-minded.